Published Jul 06, 2020In April, Black Thought hopped on a quarantine livestream to share new songs from a third instalment of his Streams of Thought release series. Now, the Roots leader has shared the details for Streams of Thought Vol. 3.
Streams of Thought Vol. 3: Cane and Abel will arrive July 31. A look at the 13-song tracklist below points to collaborations with Pusha T, Killer Mike, Swizz Beatz, ScHoolboy Q, Portugal. The Man, the Last Artful, Dodgr and CS Armstrong.
Previously, Black Thought had shared the furious "Thought Vs. Everybody" to open his "Tiny Desk (Home) Concert" for NPR earlier this year. The song will be the first from the EP to arrive as a single this Friday (July 10), but you can revisit it in the player below ahead of time.
Streams of Thought Vol. 3 was produced by Sean C, with cover artwork from Khari Turner. Black Thought released the first and second volumes of Streams of Thought in 2018.
The Roots' most recent studio album is 2014's ...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin.
Streams of Thought Vol. 3: Cane and Abel:
1. I'm Not Crazy (First Contact)
2. State Prisoner
3. Good Morning (ft. Swizz Beats, Pusha T and Killer Mike)
5. Experience (Interlude)
6. Quiet Trip (ft. Portugal The Man and The Last Artful, Dodgr)
7. Nature Of The Beast (ft. Portugal The Man and The Last Artful, Dodgr)
8. We Should Be Good (ft. CS Armstrong)
9. Steak Um (ft. ScHoolboy Q)
10. Thought Vs. Everybody
11. Ghetto Boyz & Girls (ft. CS Armstrong)
12. Fuel (ft. Portugal The Man and The Last Artful, Dodgr)
13. I'm Not Crazy (Outro)